September 30th is International Podcast Day (IPD) and The Magic Word is helping by posting this special podcast featuring some of the Friends of The Magic Word. The purpose of IPD is to create more awareness of podcasts and encourage more people to listen to podcasts. There are over 100,000 English speaking podcasts available today covering about any interest you can imagine...and some you cannot imagine.
There are less than a dozen magic-related podcasts and we all have our own personalities, niche and audience. The Magic Word Podcast focuses on casualness and curiosity. There is no particular agenda in our conversations. They are more like the conversations you would have with your friends, but they are always informative and cover some aspect of magic, performing and creativity. They also let you go "deeper" into subjects and let you get to know the guest on a more personal level allowing you to often find out things that you never knew about them. Sometimes the conversations go "off the rail" in a direction never envisioned. And that's when they become really interesting.
Here are a few people you may know who like and endorse The Magic Word Podcast.
What can you do to help promote International Podcast day? As it related to The Magic Word, you can help "Spread the Word" by using and sharing the hashtags #MagicWordPod and #PodcastDay to your social media to encourage others listen.
Here are some other suggestions below on what you can do today:
- Grab your mic and camera and ask someone, really anyone, about their favorite podcast and share the response on social media using #podcastday
- Join in with the numerous events going on.
- Promote by posting the IPD banner image on your website.
- Use #podcastday to engage with others worldwide talking about the IPD event
- Play the IPD audio or video promo on your show
- Change your social media image with the IPD logo
- Explain to someone what a podcast is and get them hooked
- Share your favorite podcast with someone (coworker, friend, teammate, etc.)
- Send feedback to your favorite podcasters and tell them thank you.
- Provide a rating and review of The Magic Word Podcast in iTunes or any other platform.
- Subscribe to a new show and talk about it using #podcastday
- Not a podcaster? Become one!
Download this podcast in an MP3 file by Clicking Here and then right click to save the file. You can also subscribe to the RSS feed by Clicking Here. You can download or listen to the podcast through Stitcher by Clicking Here or through FeedPress by Clicking Here or through Tunein.com by Clicking Here. Remember, you can download it through the iTunes store, too. See the preview page by Clicking Here.